The relaxed beauty of the natural island landscape is accented by one-of-a-kind, vividly designed cottages by artist Sally Henzell that exude a charisma and character that time and again makes it a choice destination for travelers from around the globe. The winding beachfront property features a mosaic-tiled sea-water pool, a sunken beach and Dougie’s Bar, which is renowned as much for its breathtaking sunset view as it is for its potent signature rum punch! The property also includes two restaurants, Jakes Country Kitchen and Jack Sprat, which serve delicious, locally-prepared seafood and pizza, right on the beach, and the Driftwood Spa, a full-service spa overlooking the Caribbean, whose menu is influenced by Jamaica’s indigenous healing traditions and whose products are crafted from locally-sourced materials.
The property offers several intimate niches for yoga, sunbathing, reflecting or socializing with other like-minded retreaters. The colorful units, comfortable lounging decks and fantastic oceanfront views make Jakes feel like a cloistered haven in the midst of an offbeat nirvana. Most of the Moroccan-inspired adobe rooms and cottages feature decks over the sea or over the roof, as well as outdoor showers and baths.
At Jakes, we understand that your experience as a retreat leader is equally as important as your participants’ experience. We encourage our guests to treat Jakes as a second home, and our staff as a second family. From your point-of-arrival, we invite you to settle into a lush island rhythm, where sun-drenched days, star-filled nights and the ongoing soundtrack of the ocean naturally renew and re-energize all aspects of your well-being. Our basic retreat package ensures that you and your group have a perfectly prepared, hassle-free, and authentic experience of our unique blend of Jamaican hospitality and Zen sensibility.
- 7 Nights Accommodations
- 3 meals per day
- Beachside Bonfire
- Group Ground Transfers from Montego Bay Airport (MBJ)
- Additional Spa Treatments
- Pelican Bar Excursion
- Black River Safari Excursion
- Special Farm to Table Dinner & Farm Tour
- Jakes believes in building sustainable communities. Volunteer opportunitiesat local schools and organization are offered to interested groups.
- With a group of 10 or more, group leader receives complimentary ground transfers and accommodations (must arrive with group).
- Our team of on-site professionals will ensure that your retreat is a success. Our housekeepers, cooks and front-desk staff tend to your group’s needs as though you were family.
- Retreat leaders are given customized marketing materials to promote their retreat at Jakes, and we’ll even post your event on the retreat section of our website and on our Facebook page.
- Instructor fee/program tuition can easily be wrapped into the package and paid out to the instructor post-retreat. This allows you to choose whether you want to process your groups reservations or we can facilitate this process for you.